PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK TO ACCESS THE AESOP WEBPAGE
(ABSENCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM)
Sweetwater Union High School District is looking for Substitute Teachers!
What are the requirements for becoming a substitute teacher with a valid teaching credential?
If you already have your California Teaching Credential and are interested in substitute teaching for Sweetwater Union High School District, please apply online through Edjoin.
What are the requirements for becoming a substitute teacher without a valid teaching credential?
The San Diego County Office of Education, Credentials Unit offers Temporary County Certificates for employment at school districts within San Diego County for those who met eligibility and fingerprint requirements. These certificates aren’t available to those who have been convicted of a violent or serious felony (Sec. 44332) and aren’t available from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
The minimum requirements for substitute teaching assignments in San Diego County are:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Passage of the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST), an approved out-of-state Basic Skills Requirement exam, or the CSET: Multiple Subject Plus the Writing Examination (CTC leaflet CL-667).If you meet these requirements, you may apply for an Emergency 30-day Substitute Permit. The substitute permit is valid in one year increments, renewable online each year, and authorize you to substitute teach on a day-to-day basis. You are limited, however, to substitute for no more than 30 days in the same classroom and no more than 20 days in a special education assignment.
** Substitute Nutrition Service and Substitute Bus Driver Staff Needed **
Application Procedures-Substitute Positions
All classified substitutes are required to complete the forms below:
- Classified Application Procedures
Instructions on applying for a job
- Classified General Application
Remains active for two years
- Classified Applicant Letter
- Classified Reference Form
Three are required
- Classified Voluntary Statistical Information
Applicant’s voluntary information
Most positions require an exam that must be passed PRIOR to applying for the position (see the Classified Employment page for more information).
The district is in need of Nutrition Service and Bus Driver substitutes. Please follow the instructions listed in the Classified Application Procedures document above for completing the application and reference forms.
Nutrition Service Substitutes:
The Nutrition Service I Exam will be offered to interested substitute applicants. Please email your exam request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Handlers Card
Two years of experience preferred
Bus Driver Substitutes:
Interested applicants please complete the application documents above and return them to the district receptionist/Human Resource Services Division.
If you have any questions regarding substitute service, please contact Arlene Garcia at (619) 585-6008.