PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK TO ACCESS THE AESOP WEBPAGE
(ABSENCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM)
Sweetwater Union High School District is looking for Substitute Teachers!
What are the requirements for becoming a substitute teacher with a valid teaching credential?
If you already have your California Teaching Credential and are interested in substitute teaching for Sweetwater Union High School District, please apply online at www.edjoin.org/suhsd.
What are the requirements for becoming a substitute teacher without a valid teaching credential?
The San Diego County Office of Education, Credentials Unit offers Temporary County Certificates for employment at school districts within San Diego County for those who met eligibility and fingerprint requirements. These certificates aren’t available to those who have been convicted of a violent or serious felony (Sec. 44332) and aren’t available from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
The minimum requirements for substitute teaching assignments in San Diego County are:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Passage of the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST), an approved out-of-state Basic Skills Requirement exam, or the CSET: Multiple Subject Plus the Writing Examination (CTC leaflet CL-667).If you meet these requirements, you may apply for an Emergency 30-day Substitute Permit. The substitute permit is valid in one year increments, renewable online each year, and authorize you to substitute teach on a day-to-day basis. You are limited, however, to substitute for no more than 30 days in the same classroom and no more than 20 days in a special education assignment.
** Substitute Nutrition Service and Substitute Bus Driver Staff Needed **
Application Procedures-Substitute Positions
All substitute applicants must apply on www.edjoin.org/suhsd. The following documents MUST be attached with each application of the application will not be considered:
- 3 Classified Reference Forms or 3 Letters of Recommendation (signed and dated in the last 12 months)
- Required certifications (ex: Food Handler’s Permit, Typing Certificate, CPR/First Aid)
- Transcripts (if applicable)
Most positions require an exam that must be passed PRIOR to applying for the position. Potential applicants may request testing appointments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the test you would like to take and your name/contact information. Test takers will be served in order of receipt. To review the exams needed for specific classified positions please review this document.
Nutrition Service Substitutes:
The Nutrition Service I Exam will be offered to interested substitute applicants. Please email your exam request to email@example.com.
Food Handlers Permit
Two years of experience is preferred
Bus Driver Substitutes:
Interested applicants please complete the application documents on www.edjoin.org/suhsd.
Valid Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement (Brake Endorsement optional)
School Bus Driver’s Certificate (First Aid is required)
Valid Medical Card
If you have any questions regarding substitute service, please contact Arlene Garcia at (619) 585-6008.